Saturday, November 6, 2010

On my mind while watching the Blazers vs. Raptors game...

1. Will the baby keep sleeping well?
Aside from yesterday, TK has slept 10-11 hours a night, waking up only once for a short time AND napping. I feel like this is quite an accomplishment and I wonder does this mean he is feeling more comfortable? He definitely knows how to express his frustrations and when he is happy or needs something. The sleep thing is awesome and it's one more new normal (as nana says) that we like.

2. Dinner Swap.
I've been thinking about finding another family to do a dinner swap with. I read about it on my favorite transracial adoption blog (johnson-mccormick.com). Basically when you are making a complete meal (Ben and I do most of our cooking on Sunday) you make double the amount, the other family does the same and then you swap. You've really only cooked once for 2 meals. We're just busier these days. Any interested parties willing to deal with my crazy food preferences?

3. Nissan Leaf
We're turning into that family that is in a certain demographic that shops at CostCo, does dinner swaps, stays in on the weekends and drives dorky cars like the Nissan Leaf. Oh man.

4. It would be embarrassing to lose to the Raptors.

1 comment:

Smiths said...

I've always admired you and love to hear your perspective on everything. I hope you take this the right way- I LOVE reading about your new perspective on things like Costco/dinner/sleep now that you have a baby. Experiencing life through new eyes.