Saturday, October 22, 2011

Old friends and a trip to the coast...











I have several friends that I have been lucky enough to have in my life for many many years. They live far away and I only see them every few years or so but still feel a strong bond to them. Mostly I think it's from having weathered the agony of middle and high school.

Last weekend one of my oldest and dearest traveled from Georgia to Oregon to meet Mr. Littles and have a vacation. We went to Hood River, and spent 2 days in Seaside. It was glorious. We had perfect fall weather with a lovely drive through the Gorge to Hood River. Days like that remind me of why I live in Oregon and how good we have it here.

I had never spent time in Seaside. To be quite honest, I think I was stuck up about it. I thought it was just a trashy and rundown beach town. So wrong! Loved Seaside! The baby had a fantastic time running in the sand, playing with my friend's 13 year old daughter and eating junk food. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: